This course helps you understand the key principles and concepts of financial management and how it works in business in a straightforward and practical way. It explains why cash is king and will help you prepare financial plans, control budgets and particpate in capital investment proposals.
It consists of a downloadable Concept book in magazine style with 16 articles on all the key principles and theories and a downloadable 60 page Application workbook that gives you techniques to apply this in your work.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Evaluate an organisation’s performance using the main financial statements
- Contribute to the budgeting and other planning exercises within an organisation
- Assign costs to products and contribute to decisions on pricing
- Participate in the preparation of capital investment proposals
- Describe the main sources of funding for an organisation
- Explain the subjective nature of much accounting information