This self-study course equips you to deal with changing patterns of communication and helps you to prepare and lead meetings and negotiations. It looks at negotiating skills, will help you identify and use assertive behaviour and help you to manage and resolve conflict.
It consists of a downloadable Concept book in magazine style with 16 articles on all the key principles and theories and a downloadable 60 page Application workbook that gives you techniques to apply in your work.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe models of the communication process, barriers, and skills for verbal communications
- Describe assertive behaviour, assertive thinking and the tools of assertiveness
- Prepare for, participate in and lead meetings
- Describe two approaches to negotiation and the skills involved
- Identify causes of conflict and strategies for dealing with conflict