This course looks at the difference between data, information and knowledge. It will help you understand how to use information as an aid to decision making, prevent information overload and looks at the web and intranets and extranets as sources of information.
It consists of a downloadable Concept book in magazine style with 16 articles on all the key principles and theories and a dowloadable 60 page Application workbook that gives you techniques to apply in your work.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the diffrences between data, information and knowledge
- Identify the most appropriate sources of information to your needs
- Evaluate the quality of information
- Manage information overload
- Present written information effectivley
- Identify the key principles behind information system design and management
- Explain the principlers of knowledge managment